These online courses convey many of the concepts and theories covered within the RJG Decoupled Molding℠ training seminars.
This four-part training program starts with the major components of the molding process, and progresses to systematic troubleshooting.
The Decoupled Molding℠ system is an ideal processing method intended for anyone interested in optimizing an injection molding process.
Part 1 - Introduction to Decoupled Molding℠
- Discusses polymerization, crystallinity, additives, regrind and degradation
- Lists necessary components of a proper part design
- Describes the injection molding process in depth; from filling to cooling
- Covers molding machine components and their functions in depth
Part 2 - Decoupled Molding℠ Techniques
- Compares traditional and Decoupled Molding℠
- Defines the three Decoupled Molding℠ techniques
- Covers transducers and proper transducer placement
- Introduces signal conditioners and display devices
Part 3 - Reading and Interpreting Data
- Provides participants with an understanding of graphs and scaling
- Explains how to identify different types of graphical curves
- Introduces the various integrals used in Decoupled Molding℠
- Compares ideal and inconsistent pressure curves
Part 4 - Systematic Troubleshooting
- Discusses the importance of proper process documentation
- Explains the appearance and symptoms of defects
- Introduces logical steps involved in troubleshooting defects
- Describes common processing defects, their causes and corrective actions